As previously mentioned, the body of Sharebait is composed of sections of supporting ideas. Each section is part of the body of the content and should adhere to the following guidelines.
- Paragraphs should be less than 100 words each.
Writing Bulleted Lists
- Introduce a bulleted list with a sentence or short paragraph.
- Include 3-10 items in a bulleted list.
- Items in a list may be short phrases or complete sentences.
- Write no more than two sentences for each item in a list.
- If there are three or more sentences, separate the items by subheadings instead.
- Use numbers instead of bullets when relevant (countdown, steps, etc.).
- Use bold, introductory phrases whenever possible.
- Examples include:
- CopyPress – Content Production Company
- CopyPress is a Content Production Company.
General Rules on Writing
- Make the content interesting to all readers – even those who would not normally care about the industry.
- Get the most out of a topic – don’t stop on the surface.
- Avoid common knowledge – give the reader something they don’t already know.
- Offer valuable information – facts, useful tips, anecdotes, concrete examples.
- Do not pad content with filler content – get to the point as quickly as possible.
- Don’t make the reader sort through three sentences to the get one point that could have been covered in one sentence.
- Don’t repeat information – don’t give readers the same information multiple times in different places throughout the article.
- Be credible – don’t over exaggerate or provide information if you are not completely sure of its accuracy.